Saturday, September 29, 2012

Gestural Studies #1-21, and the Bannister

Welp, well on my way to the goal of 100 gestural figure studies by the end of the week, just did 21 of them.
Embarrassing as heck to post these abominations online, but I'll console myself with the fact that there's visible progression as I get into it - first try didn't get past the torso.

I've already identified what my next 100 studies will be: LEGS! Can't frickin draw them. Probably because every time I do figure studies, I do time-limited sketches, and don't make it all the way down... :-P

Click to enlarge, if you dare. These are 90-second drawings, meant to capture form and movement:


Of course, I wouldn't just leave you with some crappy sketches. Here's some older work, one of my best successes from the early "holy crap I have a tablet" days.
Done in photoshop, trying to keep "graphite" texture in the drawing, see the link below the crop:


Click here for the full drawing. Note: NSFW, contains bum-bum.

No comments:

Post a Comment