Thursday, September 27, 2012
Painting: From the Window
Click here for the entire painting. Contains nudity.
It's official, because I'm writing it here: My goal for next week is to sketch 100 gestural studies.
This means I'll be going to www.posemaniacs.com (warning: NSFW, maybe? They don't have skin), and giving myself 60 seconds to represent proportions, movement, and form with lines. A hundred times.
But tonight, as you see above, a new painting for y'all!
This was a first for me, in several ways: The first "true-to-color" painting I've ever finished, the first time succeeding at painting from a reference in Photoshop, AND it's a painting that I did over several sittings... I actually went back and finished it. Hooray for completionism!
Not hooray for perfectionism, though... I won't detail everything that's wrong with it, I hate when other artists crap on their own work, but yeah. It's a "learning experience." Hope you can overlook the flaws better than I can. =)
Originally conceived as a charcoal to go into my folio of 18th-Century-style scenes, the idea is that she's in a tavern on the docks, hollering to some sailor from an upstairs window, shutters thrown open to the street.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment