Sunday, September 30, 2012

Flashback

No sketches tonight, so here are some flashes of the past to take up pixels. Nothing nude here, just click each image to enlarge it.

It was 1998. This is probably my first "real" portrait, of a girl I knew in the youth orchestra, in full Napoleon Dynamite fashion: It was from her yearbook photo. And yes, it took, like, forever to shade the upper lip. Har! Oh GOD, I was weird.
But it kinda showed me that I was able to draw, and as The Early Success, that is pretty darn significant - so thanks, Becca! =D I'm going to link her to this on FB, in fact. How cool is that, after all these years?!
Becca - 1998

In 1999, in high school, not all drawings were successes. Funny how the catalog model is uglier than the monster when you put them side-by-side. Still finding my way around a pencil, apparently:
Abercrobie & Fitch "girl"
Monster, after a Boris Vallejo sketch

Fast-forward over all the  terrible notepad sketches of Victoria's Secret models to 2003.
First, a portrait of somebody I used to know, drawn from a super low-res, washed-out webcam pic, still not sure how it turned out so acceptably:

My first fantasy drawing... blargh. Used myself as the model. From the looks of things, I had the hands of an obese child.
One who couldn't draw.
Anyway, I believe this was inspired by the Dark Elves from my first MMO ever, "Lineage: The Blood Pledge":
Dark Elf

Technically, my 2nd fantasy drawing. If you recognize who it is, leave a comment! =D

- Sether

No comments:

Post a Comment