Today's sketches - I'm at 63 out of 100! Would be unbelievable if I actually got to 100, what an accomplishment. The value of the practice, however, is pretty awesome, I'm already feeling much more comfortable with drawing figures as collections of shapes rather than simply making the lines fit together. You can be really, really good at copying the lines of a reference photo, but you'll never be able to draw well if you can't draw solid substance rather than flat area.
Also, I'm starting to focus more on the lower body, getting comfortable with legs... notice a few figures are missing arms, in fact, because I was NOT drawing from the top down. Yay! Bad habit gone!
Also: Children have big heads (#51, 61). #59 is my favorite. #43 is a pretty awesome pose, looks like she's sitting on a chair and pushing a door open, two things which don't usually go together.

No comments:
Post a Comment